Volunteers are the foundation of Greater Stonegate Village.
Whether you have a lot of time to give or only a little,
we have a place for you!
By volunteering your time and talents to Greater Stonegate Village, you are providing an older resident the peace of mind that a neighbor is there for them while contributing to a stronger, intergenerational Greater Stonegate community. Anyone 18 years of age and older can volunteer for a variety of fun and rewarding tasks and activities that meet their schedules, skills and interests.
You can choose to provide direct services to members such as transportation to medical appointments or shopping, making friendly visits or telephone check-in calls, assist with technology or provide simple handyman services.
Your talents can also be used to help with member recruitment, planning educational and social events or being a speaker at such an event, or assisting with communications and newsletter publication.
If you have an interest in volunteering, we can find the right fit for you! We strive to provide reliable, “neighborly” services to our members as well as positive and rewarding experiences for our volunteers.
How to Get Started
- Download and complete the Volunteer Application Form
- Have an interview with our Volunteer Coordinator
- Complete a training program, at which time you will be provided with a Volunteer Handbook
- Complete the vetting and background check. This is a simple process for most and the fees are covered.
- Volunteer drivers use their own vehicles and their own insurance coverage. A copy of the driver’s license, automobile registration, and auto insurance card must be on file with Greater Stonegate Village. Volunteers may report gas and mileage costs as deductible charitable contributions for income tax purposes. If parking fees are incurred while on a volunteer driving assignment, these fees are to be paid by the Village member (the passenger).
We look forward to having you join us on this wonderful, community partnership!
If you have any questions, please call us at (240) 918-7989.